The Workplace Podcast Episode #2: Susan Nienaber & High Conflict In The Workplace
On this episode of The Workplace Podcast, we interview special guest Susan Nienaber about different types of conflicts that occur in the workplace, how to navigate workplace conflict, and the effects that conflicts and toxic team members can have on workplace culture.
About Susan Nienaber:
Susan Nienaber, MDiv., LMFT, is a licensed marriage and family therapist, consultant, mediator, ordained clergy person and District Superintendent in the Minnesota Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church. From June 2004 until June 2014, Susan was a senior consultant with The Alban Institute in Washington, D.C. working with hundreds of organizations across the U.S. and Canada. Prior to 2004, Susan intertwined careers as a psychotherapist and independent regional consultant. She is a licensed marriage and family therapist with expertise in helping her clients recover from trauma and abuse. She is an ordained minister and regional denominational executive in the United Methodist Church and has experience as a hospital chaplain and a parish pastor.
Topics Discussed On This Episode:
- Defining conflict in the workplace and levels of escalation
- Positive and negative venting and its effects on workplace culture
- Why creativity often results from conflict
- Who to go to when navigating a workplace conflict
- How to diffuse personal attacks
- Staff mediation and how to navigate under-performing staff
- How to deal with new hires that are creating a toxic environment
Subscribe to The Workplace Podcast by Eden:
Looking for a way to manage your office more efficiently? Check out what Eden’s Office Management Software can do for your workplace.