The Workplace Podcast Episode #1: Liz Fosslien & Emotions In The Workplace
In this first episode of The Workplace Podcast, we interview special guest Liz Fosslien about navigating emotions at work, deciphering intention in electronic communication, the use of emojis in email, and how to prevent burnout.
About Liz Fosslien:
Liz Fosslien is the Head of Content at Humu, a company that uses behavioral science to make work better, and the co-author and illustrator of the Wall Street Journal best-seller No Hard Feelings: The Secret Power of Embracing Emotions at Work. She regularly gives workshops on how to build cultures of belonging to leaders at organizations including Google, Viacom, and First Round Capital. Her work has been featured by The New York Times, The Economist, and NPR.
Topics Discussed On This Episode:
- The power of design in the workplace culture RE Starbucks
- Emotional cultures in the workplace
- New rules of emotion at work
- How to feel like you’re succeeding at your job
- The difference between feelings and facts
- The illusion that communication has taken place
- Using emojis in emails
- The importance of listening to envy
- The importance of taking time to yourself
Subscribe to The Workplace Podcast by Eden:
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe on Spotify
- Subscribe on Google Podcasts
Looking for a way to manage your office more efficiently? Check out what Eden’s Office Management Software can do for your workplace.